What are the Top Ten Best 9mm Pistols Now?
10. Taurus PT 92This stainless steel Taurus PT 92 model is amazing. It happens to be a clone of the Beretta 92, but it as good as the original. In fact, some good improvements have been made by Taurus to the design. It has tack-driver, 5” barrel. This is a very high quality 9mm pistol, regardless of what Beretta snobs might say, and it is also economical and pretty.
Taurus PT 92 Price: around USD450-USD499. But for stainless steel model add USD30 more.
9. Beretta 92FS (Commercial)The Beretta 92FS performs excellently on the range. The 45 ACP 1911 service pistol was replaced by this one. Also known as the M9, this pistol has been most tested ever since the M1911-A1. The U.S. Military and police officers have been using it for quite some time. This pistol has a very solid design and it shoots much better than many other 9mm pistols.
Beretta 92FS Price: around USD569-USD609.
8. Walther P99 ASThe Walther P99 has really good grips that make this 9mm pistol feel like it belongs in one’s hand. For a striker fired gun, it has an excellent trigger and deserves a 9/10 rating. In SA mode, the trigger will feel crisp and short like that of a 1911 combat pistol. The P99 AS excellently feeds ammo without any jams.
Walther P99 AS Price: around USD568-USD610.
7. Glock 17 Gen 4Out of the Glocks out there, the Gen 4 ones shoot the best. The 3 backstrap are the biggest selling feature of the Gen 4 series that are designed to fit various hand sizes. Thus, the Glock 17 molds right into the hand. The Glock also features very good range performance and a trigger that is quite acceptable for combat.
Glock 17 Gen 4 Price: around USD528-USD565.
6. FN Herstal FNX-9The US-made FN Herstal FNX-9 happens to be an upgraded version of the FNP-9, which was among the best holster guns available. Rumor has it that the FNX-9 could end up taking the place of the Beretta M9 in the US military. The DA/SA trigger of this 9mm pistol has a decocker safety. The FNX-9 feels very good in the hand and grip fitment can also be changed.
FN Herstal FNX-9 Price: around USD568-USD605.
5. Baby Eagle II BE9915RThis all steel MRI Baby Desert Eagle has a 4.53” barrel and can be handled exactly like the CZ 75, but it more solid. It has a heavy, strong feel and shoots very impressively. Along with a solid feel, it also has a good trigger, which makes the BE9915R an excellent double-tap pistol. The BE9915R is not a clone of CZ and is built to be long-lasting.
Baby Eagle II BE9915R Price: around USD539-USD568.
4. SIG Sauer P226The SIG P226 happens to be a service-type pistol uses staggered-column magazines of a higher capacity unlike the single-column magazines that are used by the P220. Much like other SIG Classic pistols, the P226 operates by short-recoil locked breech method. The frame also has a decocking lever incorporated on the side and a number of law enforcement officials have been using it.
SIG Sauer P226 Price: around USD898 – USD1,100.
3. EAA Witness Elite MatchIt is believed by many that the Witness Elite Match is not a carry pistol, but is rather a borderline race gun. However, that is not exactly true because it is a premium shooter that is available for a decent price. Merely with a thumb safety, this is a high-quality single action 9mm pistol. It also has a very good SA trigger and can be carried cocked.
EAA Witness Elite Price: around USD578-USD615.
2. Springfield XDm 4.5″In comparison to the standard model, this Springfield XDm 4.5″ is available at quite a bargain since it can be purchased for only USD100 extra and for the new one around USD570. When shooting the XDm, it will never feel like a DOA striker fired pistol is being fired. In fact, it deserves to be classified as a single action 9mm pistol, or at least that is what it feels like.
Springfield XDm 4.5″ Price: around USD565-USD625.
1. CZ 75 SP-01The CZ 75 SP-01 has been going strong quite some time now. It happens to be an improved version of the CZ 75b. The SP-01 has shocked the world of combat shooting time and time again. The SP-01 is currently unmatched and that is why it belongs at the top of any list of the best 9mm pistols.
CZ 75 SP-01 Price: around USD615-USD660.